Fat Loss 4 Idiots Review, Is This Diet Really Idiot Proof And Will It Work For You?
Fat Loss 4 Idiots, The Idiot Proof Diet
is one of the most popular downloaded diet programs on the internet.
Like the popular book series using the "for Idiots" or "for Dummies" titles, this diet purports to be straight forward and easy to follow.
The authors have based the Fat Loss 4 Idiots diet on the concept of "calorie shifting" rather than going low carb, low fat or low calorie. Calorie shifting means to vary the ratio of fat, carbs and proteins consumed on an 11 day cycle. Portion control and eating certain 'fat loss conducive' foods are also part of it.
Each 11 day cycle is followed by a 3 day break where you can eat what you want. (I wouldn't go crazy though with mountains of junk food or you will certainly undo some of the good you have done!)
Though the Fat Loss 4 Idiots diet isn't a typical low calorie or low carb diet, carbs are definitely reduced and calories are somewhat reduced through portion control.
My Ranking: 4/5
Here's How It Works...
The idea is to not allow your metabolism to adjust to your diet.
The Fat Loss 4 Idiots Diet sets out 10 rules to be followed:
- 1. Over the course of each 11 day cycle, your meals are varied between protein rich foods and carb rich foods.
- 2. Eat four meals each day, separated by 2 1/2 hours: 4 meals a day is a good first step towards the proper balancing of blood sugar levels.
- 3. Prepare your meals at home and take preprepared meals to work if you can't make it home for lunch.
- 4. Throughout the day, you must follow a specific rotation of carb and protein rich meals.
- 5.Keep your meals as simple as possible by avoiding excessive condiments (and the extra calories)
- 6. Do not over-stuff yourself. Stop eating at the right time: While this isn't a calorie-counting diet, it doesn't mean you can go berserk.
- 7. The beverages you consume should contain no more than 10 calories each. Water would be best.
- 8. Drink water: No surprise here -- you should be drinking 8-10 10 ounce glasses of water each and every day to facilitate weight loss.
- 9) The only recommended exercise is walking and you should take 2 30-minute sessions of walking for each day on this program. Personally I would recommend a resistance training program for at least 3 half hour sessions per week to improve strength and to boost your metabolism
- 10) Stay away from sugar and processed foods. No big surprise here. Too many sweets will sabotage your weight loss efforts.
Online Meal Generator
Once you have absorbed the rules and read the text, you can log onto the site and use the online meal generator.
First you select the foods you like from the list supplied which contains a fairly wide variety.
The online meal generator will then use that list to prepare the plans for each of your meals during each 11 day cycle.
Then it is simply a matter of following the plan for each day.
You shop for and buy the food yourself, rather than receiving prepackaged, pre-prepared foods so you know it will be fresh and the menus are very easy to prepare.
You can log onto your account from any computer so the plan travels with you.
Here are a few of the Fat Loss For Idiots user comments on the diet on Squidoo.com...
"Good morning everyone, I am on day 11 of cycle 2 of the fat loss 4 idiots diet and down 11.8 pounds and absolutely loving this diet. I have tried everything and nothing works as well and is as easy as this one. I am looking forward to my 3 cheat days but also looking forward to continuing on with this on monday. Please do no hesitate, try it, it will make you feel great.
Posted July 24, 2008
" My husband & I tried the fat loss 4 idiots diet and are on day 10. We have lost 5 kg each and we still have one day to go. We miss carbs but the results are making us review our consumption of them. I have noticed I am less congested which I am thinking points to a yeast allergy (I always ate loads of bread so it is a bonus to discover this).
We live in New Zealand and had no trouble sourcing the foods so it is an internationally friendly diet. The diet can be a bit boring but it is definitely not hard.
Posted April 12, 2008
" "I’m four days into the idiot proof diet program and I’m seeing results already. I’ve lost 7 lbs and I still have much energy. I can’t wait to shed more pounds and reach my goal weight.
Posted Feb 3, 2008"
A reduction in calories from carbs as well as an increase in protein will both have a positive effect on weight loss. The idea of calorie cycling should also enhance weight loss and make for an effective diet.
The fact that you are using fresh foods that you like, and that it is fairly inexpensive and easy to follow, make the idiot proof diet worth trying.
My only criticism is that the exercise aspect of fat loss is not emphasized. The
Fat Loss 4 Idiots Diet
would be much better if combined with a basic fitness program.